LAST UPDATED: February 27, 2018
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors. This policy describes the ways we collect, store, use and protect your personally identifiable information and other data our site gathers when you are accessing our website and service (together, “AGF”). If we update it, we will revise the date, place notices on our site if changes are material, and/or obtain your consent as required by law.
- We take precautions to prevent unauthorized access to or misuse of data about you
- We do not run ads, other than the listings posted by our users
- We do not share your data with third parties for marketing purposes
- We do not engage in cross-marketing or link-referral programs
- We do not employ tracking devices for marketing purposes
- We do not send you unsolicited communications for marketing purposes
- We do not engage in affiliate marketing (and prohibit it on AGF)
- Please review privacy policies of any third party sites linked to or from AGF
Collection of Information
Information Provided by You
AGF collects information that you provide directly to us, including, but not limited to, by visiting AGF or by connecting your account with any other third party service. The types of personal information collected may include your name, email address, physical address(es), phone number, and any other information you may enter into your account settings or provide during your use of AGF.
Information Collected Automatically
When you use AGF, AGF automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser or mobile platform, including, but not limited to the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, geolocation, referring/destination URLs, AGF usage information, cookie information, and the page(s) you requested. You must accept cookies to access AGF. We treat this data as non-Personal Information, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law.
Payment Information Collected by Stripe
Individuals must be at least 18 years of age in order to use AGF. AGF is not intended for children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children in that age group. If you learn that a minor child has provided us with personal information, please contact us.
Use of Information
How We Use Your Information
The Personal Information you provide is used for various purposes including, but not limited to:
- Setting up your user account and profile that can be used to interact with other users through AGF;
- Assist third-party payment processors with transaction processing, error, chargeback and disputed transaction resolution, and similar payment processing functions
- Improve AGF;
- Customize the content you see;
- Communicate with you about AGF;
- Troubleshoot technical problems;
- Resolve disputes;
- Address complaints and generate reports of aggregated non-Personal Information and activity that we may share with others;
- Identify your product and service preferences;
- Improve merchandise selections and customer service;
- Invite you to participate in customer research;
Public Display of Information
Personal Information about our users is a central part of our business. People use AGF to connect with trusted individuals and businesses. In order to build trust, certain Personal Information is shared publicly. AGF may share your Personal Information only as described below.
- Profile: Any information in your Profile Settings which you:
- Mark as visible to other users in your Profile Details;
- Add to your Social Profile section; and/or
- Add to your Business Information section
- Location: By default, your exact address is concealed and will never be shared publicly or privately. You may choose to publicly display your exact location, which we do not recommend unless you are a business entity.
How Long We Keep Your Information
Following termination or deactivation of your account, or if you remove any data from AGF, we may retain your user information and/or user content for a commercially reasonable period of time for backup, archival, or audit purposes. Furthermore, AGF and its users may retain and continue to use, store, display, reproduce, modify, create derivative works, perform, and distribute any of your user content that other users have stored or shared through AGF.
Information Changes or Removal
Sharing of Information
We neither rent nor sell your Personal Information to anyone. AGF may share your Personal and non-Personal Information only as described by the circumstances below.
- To vendors and service providers (e.g. payment processors) working on our behalf
- To respond to subpoenas, search warrants, court orders, or other legal process
- To protect our rights, property, or safety, or that of users of AGF or the general public
- With your consent (e.g. if you authorize us to share data with other users)
- In connection with a merger, bankruptcy, or sale/transfer of assets
- In aggregate/summary form, where it cannot reasonably be used to identify you
Advertising and Analytics
Interest-Based Online Advertising and Google Analytics
We use Google Analytics’ 3rd-party audience data such as age, gender, and interests to better understand the behavior of our customers and work with companies that collect information about your online activities to provide advertising targeted to suit your interests and preferences. For example, you may see certain ads on this website or other websites because we contract with Google and other similar companies to target our ads based on information we or they have collected, including information that was collected through automated means (such as cookies and web beacons). These companies also use automated technologies to collect information when you click on our ads, which helps track and manage the effectiveness of our marketing efforts.
You may opt out of the automated collection of information by third-party ad networks for the purpose of delivering advertisements tailored to your interests, by visiting the consumer opt-out page for the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ and edit or opt-out your Google Display Network ads’ preferences at http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/. Because those opt-out and preference control pages are specific to the individual browser used to visit it, and because that page is not operated by AGF, we are unable to perform the opt-outs on your behalf.
AGF may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on AGF with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide those features.
Payment Security and PCI Compliance
Security is one of the biggest considerations in everything we do. Absolutely no credit card, bank account, social security and tax ID numbers are stored on our servers; everything is manage by Stripe. Stripe is audited yearly to confirm that it remains in compliance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS). An independent company maintains a list of PCI DSS compliant service providers, updated monthly. Any other sensitive data that is stored on our servers is securely encrypted.
Third Party Apps Using Our API(s)
If you are located outside of the United States, please note that AGF is hosted on our computer servers in the United States. Therefore, your information may be processed and stored in the United States. As a result, United States federal and state governments, courts, or law enforcement or regulatory agencies may be able to obtain disclosure of your information through laws applicable in the United States. Your use of AGF or your submission of any Personal Information to us will constitute your consent to the transfer of your Personal Information outside of your home country, including to the United States, which may provide for different data protection rules than in your country.
Questions or Concerns
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy using AGF, please contact us and we will make every effort to answer your questions or resolve your concerns.